Sunday, February 20, 2011

the first 36 hours

I've been a cat owner for a day and a half now, and since neither Rob Roy nor I are dead yet I'm counting it a success.  He actually seems to like it here, but perhaps it's too early to tell for sure.  But he responds to his new name, he wears his new collar without complaint, and he's faithfully used his new litter box even though it turns out to be too small for him (thank the Lord I can return it to Petsmart).  He hasn't destroyed anything yet, hasn't tried to run out the front door, and hasn't spend any time hiding under the furniture to get away from me.  On the contrary, he's quite the spooner. :-)
Rob's definitely taken an interest in the squirrels and birds outside, and loves to sit in the living room bay window and watch the world go by.
And as I'm here writing this post, he's flat on his back napping next to my chair.  Dare I hope he likes it here? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment